Apple Custard Pie
There's no need to pull out your rolling pin to make this sweet apple custard pie. It has an easy press-in crust under a mouthwatering filling.—Love Creek Orchards, Carol Adams, Medina, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples, (about 4 medium)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Arrange apples over the crust. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
- For custard, whisk milk, egg and sugar in another small bowl until smooth; pour over apples. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.