Pumpkin Spice Custard
We love this traditional Crock-Pot pumpkin spice custard. The added espresso powder gives it a latte effect! —Shelly Bevington, Hermiston, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 can (29 ounces) pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Gingersnap cookies, crushed
- Whipped cream, optional
- Pour 1 in. water into a 6-qt. slow cooker. Layer two 24-in. pieces of foil; roll up lengthwise to make a 1-in.-thick roll. Shape into a ring; place in slow cooker to make a rack.
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish; set aside. Fold an 18x12-in. piece of foil lengthwise into thirds, making a sling. Use the sling to lower the baking dish onto foil rack, not allowing sides to touch slow cooker. Cover slow cooker with a double layer of white paper towels; place lid securely over towels.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-7 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove baking dish from slow cooker using sling. Top with crushed gingersnap cookies and, if desired, whipped cream.
Test Kitchen variations