Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups whole milk
- In a bowl, combine eggs, sugar, spices and vanilla. Blend in milk. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Place baking dish in a cake pan in oven; add 1 in. water to pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near middle comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 208 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Jan 6, 2020
Way too much sugar, and I didn't even put the full amount in! And I like my sweets.
Oct 21, 2019
This was delicious. You could Doctor it up with flamed sugar but no need to. Janet. VFE
Mar 2, 2018
Didn't change anything,it was delish. Will make many more times.
Nov 5, 2016
This is the best custard i have had, I just love it, it tastes like baked custard should. instead of sugar I used splenda, it turned out perfect.
Mar 15, 2016
Very easy to follow and was very good... I added some nutmeg to the top before serving it was great. I also topped it with fresh homemade whipped cream yummy
May 21, 2015
May 23, 2013
Baked this last night and let it cool overnight in the fridge. Hubs enjoyed every bite (I baked in small ramekins) a few minutes after settling in post day surgery. Like roblaura he said the added vanilla made this custard extra special. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Sep 29, 2012
Great recipe tastes like my Mama's. I like the extra vanilla. I cooked it in small ramekins for individual servings. Tastes great warm or cold.