This fruit pudding could not be easier to make! A traditional comfort food in France, it is often made with cherries. I use apples and maple syrup to give it a real midwestern flair. —Bridget Klusman, Otsego, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 4 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- Additional maple syrup, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Toss apples with lemon juice; place in a greased a 2-qt. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, syrup and vanilla until combined. In another bowl, combine flour, cinnamon and salt; add to egg mixture. Pour batter over apples.
- Bake until puffed and lightly browned, 40-50 minutes. Serve warm or cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with additional maple syrup.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 177 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Maple-Apple Clafouti in Taste of Home February/March 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.