Pumpkin Seed Cranberry Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat first five ingredients until well blended. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture; mix just until moistened (dough will be sticky). Stir in pumpkin seeds and cranberries.
- Divide dough in half. On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, shape each portion into a 12x2-in. rectangle using lightly floured hands. Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
- Carefully remove rectangles to wire racks; cool 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 3/4-in. slices. Return to baking sheets, cut side down.
- Bake until firm, about 5 minutes. Turn; bake until lightly browned, 5-10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 103 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Nov 20, 2016
Super good! tasteful! I've it with orange sweetened cranberries and coconut oil it is a real upgrade! I followed as mentioned in recipes, and it's perfectly fine!
Dec 21, 2015
If I make these again , I would do as some of the other i reviewer's suggested and add more flour or possibly a little less oil. My dough spread during the first baking and made it difficult to remove from the pan and many of them crumbled as I I cut them apart. They still tasted very good though, so I may try again.
Nov 5, 2014
The batter was very wet. I added lots of flour to counter top and top of mixture so that I could shape the cookie batter. Used a large spatula to move it to cookie sheet. In the end the biscotti baked great, was easy to slice for second baking and tasted great. Not too dry like other biscottii I have made. I also liked the almond extract flavor added
Oct 16, 2014
Good cookies, but I had to add additional flour to get the dough to keep the loaf shape.
Oct 11, 2014
These are so yummy!
Oct 10, 2014
I didn't have pumpkin seeds so I added toasted pecans! Everyone at the office raved about them. Quite easy, too!
Oct 9, 2014
I have the recipe, but I can't find Pumpkin seeds.
Oct 6, 2014
Great recipe. Loved them.
Oct 2, 2014
Any suggestions on how long these can be kept in freezer? Thanks, Liz in CA
Dec 30, 2013
"Loved by everyone"
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.