Cranberry and Pistachio Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 3/4 cup Sugar In The Raw
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in eggs, then extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be stiff). Stir in pistachios and cranberries.
- Divide dough in half. With floured hands, shape each half into a 12-in. x 2-in. rectangle on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until set.
- Place pan on wire rack. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 85 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 5, 2016
Excellent and not very difficult to make. Made many times and everyone always love them.
Jun 2, 2011
quick, easy and delicious!
May 5, 2011
This was my first attempt at biscotti, and I was very pleased with the results. Have made it twice so far - first with pecans (didn't have pistachios on hand); excellent! Second time used the pistachios - again, very good! Everyone really liked them. I will make over and over again - they're low sodium, low fat...yummy....and a real hit!
Feb 25, 2011
would definitely make this recipe again. Loved the flavor of the pistachios with the cranberries. It would make a great Christmas gift.
Feb 24, 2011
This turned out as good as or maybe better than commercial biscotti! I gave some as a gift because it was so good!
Feb 11, 2011
This recipe is excellent. Just did one thing different. Although cranberries would be good, I chopped the same amount of dried cherries and it was a delicious combination.
Jan 30, 2011
I couldn't wait to make these!!! I did change just a few things. 1st I used 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour and 1 and 1/4 cup of AP flour. 2nd used one whole egg and and 2 egg whites. I would make these again for sure!