Almond Cherry Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup halved candied cherries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla; stir into flour mixture until blended. Stir in almonds and cherries (dough will be crumbly).
- Divide dough in half; shape into two balls. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each half into a 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangle.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 20 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a sharp knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 293 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 26, 2015
Love this recipe, my husband can never get enough
Dec 3, 2012
I've been wondering how this would work with marachino cherries instead of the regular fruit cake fruit. I think if they were dried well before going into the batter it would be fine. I liked it this way but I'm also thinking of dipping part of it into some white chocolate. I like recipes that have a versatilit to them.
Feb 13, 2012
Wish I could change those stars! This should be a FIVE STAR recipe, but I clicked on the wrong thing and now my review is stuck with 2 stars. This recipe is incredible. I make it every year and people LOVE it! It's easy to make and so impressive.
Feb 10, 2010
This cookie is absolutely delicious. I didn't have vanilla so I substituted almond extract. There was no problem with texture.
Dec 30, 2009
I made these for Christmas. I made 1 batch and my daughter loved them so much I had to make more. Very tasteful and colorful for the holidays!
Oct 31, 2009
Our favorite biscotti recipee! We make this one over and over and love it every time. The only thing I do different is to flip the sliced biscotti half way through the baking time.
Dec 28, 2008
I made 4 batches of this in the past few weeks. The first 3 I hand-mixed as the directions imply, and the last I used my mixer. The last was the best result as they were less crumbly and cut much better.They are delicious!