Caramel Chip Biscotti
The combination of caramel and chocolate in these delicate Italian biscuits is to die for. It's divine dunked in coffee or a sweet wine, or even enjoyed on its own. Feel free to use any flavor chocolate chips. —Tami Kuehl, Loup City, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kraft caramel bits
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces white candy coating, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture (dough will be stiff). Stir in caramel bits and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough into three portions. On parchment-paper lined baking sheets, shape each portion into a 7x3-in. rectangle. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool on pans on wire racks 5 minutes.
- On a cutting board, use a serrated knife to cut each rectangle crosswise into eight slices. Place slices on baking sheets, cut side down. Bake until crisp, 10-12 minutes per side. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Drizzle melted candy coating over tops; let stand until set. Store between pieces of waxed paper in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 206 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.