Caramel Chip Biscotti
The combination of caramel and chocolate in these delicate Italian biscuits is to die for. It's divine dunked in coffee or a sweet wine, or even enjoyed on its own. Feel free to use any flavor chocolate chips. —Tami Kuehl, Loup City, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kraft caramel bits
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces white candy coating, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture (dough will be stiff). Stir in caramel bits and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough into three portions. On parchment-paper lined baking sheets, shape each portion into a 7x3-in. rectangle. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool on pans on wire racks 5 minutes.
- On a cutting board, use a serrated knife to cut each rectangle crosswise into eight slices. Place slices on baking sheets, cut side down. Bake until crisp, 10-12 minutes per side. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Drizzle melted candy coating over tops; let stand until set. Store between pieces of waxed paper in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 206 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Turtle Biscotti in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018