Butter Pecan Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 package butter pecan cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, flour, butter, eggs, syrup, coffee granules and vanilla until well blended (dough will be very thick). Fold in chips. Divide dough in half.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12x2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and coffee. Drizzle over biscotti; sprinkle with pecans. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 243 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 20, 2016
I've made biscotti for Christmas for more than 8yrs. Saying this I tried this recipe and an almond one using cake mix. Did not like the texture and something off about the taste. If you like authentic biscotti this recipe is not even close.
Oct 24, 2014
I can't find Butter Pecan cake mix anywhere - what brand is it???
Oct 22, 2013
for those having trouble with the dough sticking, maybe using parchment paper would be a good idea.
Sep 24, 2013
Feb 12, 2013
Dec 16, 2012
Why does the recipe say not to grease the pan? My cookie loaves stuck like mad! The fir st loaf was pretty broken up. The second was better because I was able to slide my offset spatula carefully under it once the first loaf was gone. Flavors are good but I think I'll use the flavors in a more dependable biscotti recipe. I read the comments to see if anyone else had this problem and it didn't appear that they did so I guess I was just unlucky tonight.
Apr 16, 2012
Outstanding. I was concerned that starting with a cake mix would make it have a different texture, but this has quickly become a family favorite.
Mar 23, 2012
I was skeptical of this one, starting with a cake mix, but by far one of the better biscotti I've made. Even my husband, who doesn't like biscotti as a rule, was hunting for it.
Feb 21, 2012
I thought these were good, but I've made better ones from this site before though. And it isn't the recipe, but usually half of the biscotti usually end up broken.
Sep 13, 2011
This recipe is Great! I've made it several times and had good results every time. My DIL says it's her favorite of the kinds of biscotti I make.