Chocolate Chip Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup swirled semisweet and white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/2 cups sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in apricots and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half. On ungreased baking sheets, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until firm. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 320 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 9, 2013
These taste good but they were very difficult to slice. I tried making thicker slices and most of them just ended up falling apart. I may try using the ratios from another biscotti recipe and then just add the chocolate chips and apricots instead.
Feb 22, 2012
I did not have any apricots so I replaced it with raisins & my family loved the taste. Next time I will cut them a little thicker to see if that keeps them from falling apart so easily
Dec 21, 2010
this one taste good , but wants to come apart when slicing