This cranberry biscotti is the perfect hostess gift for the holidays. Pack it into a festive Christmas tin and top with a pretty bow. —Darlene King, Regina, Saskatchewan
Total TimePrep: x min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until well-blended. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into egg mixture. Stir in ground almonds and cranberries (mixture will be stiff).
- Divide dough in half. Using lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a 9x3-in. rectangle on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
- Cool on pans on wire racks until firm. Reduce oven setting to 325°. Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 1/2-in. slices. Place on baking sheets, cut side down.
- Bake until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes per side. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 89 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.