My family likes this crumble so much I make it year-round. But I especially like to serve it warm on cool winter evenings.—Karen Riordan, Louisville, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Spread the cranberry sauce evenly over crust. sprinkle with remaining oat mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and filling is hot. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 300 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Crumble in Country Woman March/April 1999