Cranberry Walnut Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and cranberries (dough will be sticky).
- Divide dough in half. On a greased baking sheet, with lightly floured hands, shape each half into a 10x2-1/2-in. rectangle. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove to wire racks; cool 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 166 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 13, 2019
Delicious! My first biscotti recipe I made. Worked great, tasted great, and looked great. What more could you ask for?
May 3, 2019
these were tasty, but a little too sweet. They stayed together well and didn't crumble like some other recipes that I have tried.
Apr 14, 2012
Made these to take to work. Everyone loved them.Best compliment, coworker's Italian Dad would bring same kind home from neighborhood bakery, and she liked these better. Very Yummy. :-)
Feb 6, 2012
Mmmm.... At first the dough was a little crumbly like pie crust, but I added a bit more vanilla for moisture and worked it in with my hands, then shaped the two rectangles. The abundance of fruit and nuts counteracts the dry-ness of my biscotti memories, and the chocolate drizzle adds just the right touch! I'll definitely make these again. Mmmmm.....
Dec 14, 2011
Ok just got done making these. To be honest with you I thought they where going to be dry. They sound it but they are not. I did not make any changes yet but I will experiment soon.
Dec 13, 2011
The dough was not sticky because there is no oil or butter in the recipe. It was crumbly like a pie dough. Would not make it again!
Dec 7, 2011
I absolutely love biscotti, any kind especially with nuts chocolate,and cranberrys.