Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and cranberries (dough will be sticky).
- Divide dough in half. On a greased baking sheet, with lightly floured hands, shape each half into a 10x2-1/2-in. rectangle. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove to wire racks; cool 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
1 cookie: 166 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.