White Chocolate-Cranberry Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup vanilla or white chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries and vanilla chips. Divide dough into three portions.
- On ungreased baking sheets, shape each portion into a 10-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 281 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 10, 2018
Good recipe. Added pecans and cooked it longer after cutting them. Good flavor.
Jan 13, 2018
These are amazing! I made the batter as called for and put mini chocolate & white chips in half and the cranberry and white chips in the other half. I also drizzled melted chips on them to dress them up (white on cranberry, chocolate on mini&white). They made a great Christmas treat to gift. My husband and I loved them with our morning coffee! They were not soft as others stated, I did turn them over for the last 5-8 minutes.
Dec 7, 2016
I just finished making these but made them glutenfree. I used 3 cups GF flour (instead of regular flour) that contained xanthan gum already in it. I baked them the first time for 25 minutes and then let them cool for 10 minutes. Cut them in slices and then baked them for another 40 minutes turning them over half way through. Turned out perfectly.
Mar 9, 2016
This was a good recipe, and you can never go wrong with cranberry and white chocolate chips. My only complaint is that they really didn't get as crispy as a traditional biscotti. The stayed relatively tender. But if you don't like the typical biscotti hardness that makes them so good when softened with coffee, these will be good.
Jan 18, 2015
I have made these cookies for the past two holiday seasons. I love the combination of cranberry and white chocolate. I like to put them in cookie tins to give away as gifts. Everyone love them!
Nov 6, 2014
Question... has anyone tried the recipe with egg whites to sugar substitutes?
Jul 18, 2014
I make these every Christmas and a few times throughout the year. Excellent flavor. I also drizzle them with a vanilla-flavored Confectioners sugar glaze. Excellent!
Feb 21, 2014
Made these at Christmas...very good! I added 1 teaspoon almond flavoring and changed the amount of...cranberries to 1/2 cup, vanilla chips to 1/2 cup, and added 1/2 cup macadamia nuts. Yum!
Jan 8, 2013
These were delicious and I'm anxious to try different flavor combinations! I was able to put all 3 portions on a large 18" cookie sheet pan and bake them all at once.
Feb 16, 2012
Loved this, never made Biscotti, It kinda scared me...it always looked like it would be hard to make(not so). I've made it three times now, twice as Gifts, and the last time for me. MOST wonderful. It takes a little time, but well worth the trouble. Great-Great- Great!! Thanks!!!