Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be sticky). Stir in chocolate chips, pistachios and cranberries.
- Divide dough into four portions. On ungreased baking sheets, shape portions into 10x2-1/2-in. rectangles. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 20-25 minutes or until set. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut each rectangle into 10 slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 5-8 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 107 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Dec 17, 2016
Great recipe. Now one of my favorites. I prefer the texture over the brownie biscotti recipe. I used mini chocolate chips and left out the cranberries. The only downside is that the dough is VERY sticky, which made it a little hard to press into the bars, but this did not affect the finished texture at all. Made 'em, ate 'em, making more, in less than a week. :)
Feb 5, 2013
Tasty and easy to make!
Feb 26, 2012
The taste is fabulous! My logs crumbled badly and stuck to the cookie sheet. I used walnuts and left out the chips and cranberries because that is what I had on hand. I'll try again after researching what might have made them break up.
Dec 5, 2011
Was fantastic. I took them to Xmas parties and was a definite hit. I chopped up part of the pistachios for easier rolling out.
Dec 2, 2011
Forgot to add that I chilled the dough for almost an hour. That made it much easier to work with.
Dec 2, 2011
This wa a very good lighter chocolate biscotti recipe. I have been making another biscotti recipe, but it was SO sticky. This one was much easier to work with and tastes great! Thumbs up!
Dec 1, 2011
I baked these for the very first time and they were wonderful, especially with our morning coffee. Next time I'll bake them on parchment paper so they won't stick to the cookie sheet.
Nov 23, 2011
These biscotti were DELICIOUS! I used parchment paper to form the biscotti and transfered each log to a parchment covered baking sheet. I also used the mini chips. I got fabulous reviews!
Nov 22, 2011
I ended up with a dry mix did not add nuts, cranberries, or chips. do i throw away or do you have a suggestion how to fix
Jan 4, 2011
This is very good. The only thing I did different was to use mini chocolate chips. After reading reviews, I added extra flour the first time; I wished I had not. The second time I made these with the recommended amount of flour. The biscotti texture was much nicer. Friends loved receiving these as gifts.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.