Hazelnut Almond Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and extracts until well-blended. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into egg mixture. Stir in nuts (mixture will be stiff).
- Divide dough in half. Using lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a 9x2-in. rectangle on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Cool on pans on wire racks until firm. Reduce oven setting to 325°. Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 3/4-in. slices. Place on baking sheets, cut side down.
- Bake until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes per side. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 89 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 7, 2018
These came out well despite the fact the dough was a bit wet and loose. Next time I'll either add more flour or refrigerate so I can get better consistency and similar size rectangles.