Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cranberries
- 2 tablespoons grated orange or lemon peel
- CREAM SAUCE:
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in cranberries and orange peel.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Cut warm cake into squares; serve with cream sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 525 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 22, 2014
I've been making this recipe for almost a decade now. It's requested every year and they usually ask me to double it. It's just not the holidays anymore without it!!
Jun 29, 2013
This cake was soooo good, I added cinnamon to the cake batter, it was perfect for brunch.
Nov 14, 2012
I first got this recipe 2 years ago. I first made it for a work luncheon at Thanksgiving time... and have rceived requests to make it for every event ever since. It is fabulous!! Definitely recommend...
Dec 5, 2008
How is the cranberry cake without the cream sauce? I am allergic to [email protected]
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.