Cranberry Bundt Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon a third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Top with a third of the cranberry sauce. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine icing ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 381 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 19, 2015
Cooked 55 min. In a convection oven. Cake was perfect and delicious. It will be our Christmas Eve cake.
Nov 3, 2012
Great cake recipe. Wonderful flavor.
Dec 12, 2010
I have been using Taste of Home recipes for many years. This was my first recipe disappointment. I think one can of cranberry sauce is too much, either that or the sauce needs to be drained. The cake was cooked but the inside remained soggy. I used the national brand of whole sauce so that should not have been the problem.
Dec 5, 2009
This was a great hit at my work, I've had to make it twice more since. I changed the water to milk in the icing portion of the recipe and placed the pecans in the pan first instead of last.