Cranberry Bundt Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon a third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Top with a third of the cranberry sauce. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine icing ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 381 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 19, 2015
Cooked 55 min. In a convection oven. Cake was perfect and delicious. It will be our Christmas Eve cake.
Nov 3, 2012
Great cake recipe. Wonderful flavor.
Dec 12, 2010
I have been using Taste of Home recipes for many years. This was my first recipe disappointment. I think one can of cranberry sauce is too much, either that or the sauce needs to be drained. The cake was cooked but the inside remained soggy. I used the national brand of whole sauce so that should not have been the problem.
Dec 5, 2009
This was a great hit at my work, I've had to make it twice more since. I changed the water to milk in the icing portion of the recipe and placed the pecans in the pan first instead of last.