Cranberry Crumb Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk, orange juice, oil and extract; stir into dry ingredients. Spoon into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine cranberries and remaining sugar; spoon over batter.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar in a small bowl; cut in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over cranberries. Bake at 375° for 35-45 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 212 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
May 19, 2015
Easy & excellent. The only change I made was that I used dried craisins instead of cranberries. I used 1 1/2 cups instead of the amount called for in the recipe.
Dec 18, 2008
This was really good! I used 1/2 sugar and 1/2 splenda in the cake part (not the glaze)and don't believe that it altered the texture. I am making again for Christmas brunch. Even my kids liked it!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.