Cranberry Zucchini Wedges
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Makes2 cakes (8 wedges each)
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup tightly packed shredded zucchini
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Sugared cranberries, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice (save remaining juice for another use). Place the pineapple and reserved juice in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, vanilla, pineapple mixture; stir into the dry ingredients until blended. Fold in the zucchini, cranberries and nuts.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar. If desired, top with sugared cranberries.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 354 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 18, 2014
I really hate to break the cycle of 5 stars, but I thought the pineapple in this recipe was too strong. It's a good recipe, just needs some tweaking for our tastes. Also, I prefer almonds for this particular recipe, but that's just my taste.
Aug 15, 2013
This is wonderful, I made this in six small bread pans. It taste better tomorrow after the flavors blend.
Aug 14, 2013
excellent, very tasty.
Apr 24, 2012
This is so moist and wonderful. I added about 1 tsp of crushed rosemary and only 1 cup of sugar and it tastes great.
Nov 6, 2011
These are really good!! Nice moist texture, easy to mix up, good balance between the cranberries and the cake. Will definitely keep this one handy!
Aug 15, 2011
I will definitely make this ummy cake! Wouldn't crushed pineapple (drained) work as well?
Aug 13, 2011
My dad LOVES LOVES LOVES this recipe!! Thanks for yet another awesome treat :)
Aug 12, 2010
This has turned out to be one of my favorite recipes. I was looking for something to do with fresh cranberries that I bought on holiday close out and this fit the bill Took it to a potluck a few months ago and got rave reviews. I just make them ahead and freeze.
Jan 26, 2009
Thank you China! Everywhere I take these I get rave reviews!RedawnaYou sure could OZAnne when I first created the recipe I was living in a pretty remote area so I was making due with the ingredients I had on hand that day! I never used to buy crushed pineapple but I definitely do now!
Apr 22, 2008
Those look so delicious Redawna!