Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour. Stir in cranberries and, if desired, ginger. Divide the dough in half; form each half into a 6x3x1-in. block. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hours or up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap logs; cut the dough into 1/4-in.-thick slices. Place on ungreased parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 136 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 6, 2017
I'm sorry to have to say that this is the worst recipe I've ever worked with. The outcome was an awful cookie - it tasted like flour in my mouth. I followed the recipe exactly, had no problem mixing the dough. Kept it in the fridge for almost two days, had no problem slicing them. But the good fortune ended there. I made two logs, I will toss the other one. A waste of butter and cranberries. Perhaps Tasteofhome kitchen crew might do a run of them and see if something is missing from the recipe.
Dec 1, 2017
I made these and brought them to work today. I think the crumbly texture of the cookie and the tart of the cranberry go nicely together. I also love the color of the final result.I did have to cook these for about 15 minutes, flip, and cook a couple more minutes, but that could have been from the dish I was using (not a true cookie dish) as well as the oven itself. The bottom was a perfect golden brown. I would recommend letting them cool completely before moving them, or if you have to flip them, wait a couple moments to let it rest. I broke a cookie or two like that.Like "gramcayo" I think these would be a wonderful addition to a Christmas cookie plate.
Nov 9, 2011
These are wonderful and look great. I've added them to my christmas cookie plate. I didn't have dried cranberries and added frozen. Delicious
Dec 20, 2010
This cookie is too dry and tasteless. When mixing the batter it would not come together. 1 egg yolk. Is this correct? A waste of ingredients.
Dec 12, 2008
anyone out there make cookies with gumdrops in them? I saw it somewhere tonight and cannot find it again...
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.