Cranberry Stuffed Apples
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 5 medium apples
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Core apples, leaving bottoms intact. Peel top third of each apple; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the cranberries, brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg; spoon into apples.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until apples are tender. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed apple: 136 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 19, 2011
My apples exploded in the crockpot in just over 2 hrs.!!! Apples went in looking picture perfect, came out like chunky applesauce (complete w/ lg. peel)! Next time I'll try baking in oven. Taste was good, but looked NOTHING like picture.
Feb 11, 2011
Very very good and simple. I didn't have fresh or frozen cranberries, only dried, and it still was wonderful!
Feb 8, 2011
Delicious!! Since I was running short on time I put the apples in my covered stoneware baker and baked them at 350* for 30 minutes. Very happy with the results, will definitely make these again!