Baked Stuffed Apples
My husband loves the smell of these stuffed apples while they're baking in the oven. He often tells me it wouldn't be a true holiday celebration without them. — Tre Balchowsky, Sausalito, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 medium apples
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Cut apples in half lengthwise; remove cores. Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Fill each half with 1 teaspoon blue cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, cranberries, raisins and brown sugar; spoon into apples. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
Originally published as Baked Apple Suprise in Taste of Home Special Interest Publications 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.