Baked Stuffed Apples
My husband loves the smell of these stuffed apples while they're baking in the oven. He often tells me it wouldn't be a true holiday celebration without them. — Tre Balchowsky, Sausalito, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 medium apples
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Cut apples in half lengthwise; remove cores. Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Fill each half with 1 teaspoon blue cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, cranberries, raisins and brown sugar; spoon into apples. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
Originally published as Baked Apple Suprise in Taste of Home Special Interest Publications 2013