Apple Stuffing Muffins
Take stuffing one step further with these fun single-serving portions baked in a muffin pan. The apples really keep them fresh, and even kids love them. —Tamara Huron, New Market, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups stuffing mix
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat butter and oil. Add onion and celery; cook and stir until tender. Add the apples, salt, rosemary and pepper; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the stuffing mix, broth, cranberries and parsley.
- Fill greased muffin cups with a heaping 1/2 cup scoop. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 229 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 897mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Apple Stuffing Muffins in Country Woman Christmas 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.