Apple Stuffing Muffins
Take stuffing one step further with these fun single-serving portions baked in a muffin pan. The apples really keep them fresh, and even kids love them. —Tamara Huron, New Market, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups stuffing mix
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat butter and oil. Add onion and celery; cook and stir until tender. Add the apples, salt, rosemary and pepper; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the stuffing mix, broth, cranberries and parsley.
- Fill greased muffin cups with a heaping 1/2 cup scoop. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 229 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 897mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Apple Stuffing Muffins in Country Woman Christmas 2011