Apple-Stuffed Pork Roast
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- Cut a lengthwise slit down center of tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom; open so meat lies flat. Cover with plastic wrap; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove wrap; sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the apple, bread crumbs, celery, onion, raisins, walnuts and nutmeg. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon apple juice; toss to coat. Spoon over pork. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting at a long side; tie with kitchen string and secure ends with toothpicks.
- Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with 1-1/2 teaspoons apple juice. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Brush with remaining apple juice. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cinnamon. Gradually whisk in apple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 314 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Feb 12, 2019
My husband and I thought this recipe was great! The roast was easy to prepare, tender, and very delicious. I will definitely be making it again!
Dec 14, 2015
Good enough to serve in a restaurant. Had all ingredients on hand. Inexpensive, and everyone liked it. Will make again.
Jan 14, 2011
Absolutely delicious! My very picky son loved it...he even had seconds :D It was so easy to make and very moist. I did substitute dried cranberries for raisins.