Roast Pork with Apples & Onions
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large Golden Delicious apples, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 large onions, cut into 3/4-inch wedges
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown roast on all sides. Transfer to a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Place apples, onions and garlic around roast; sprinkle with rosemary.
- Roast until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 45-55 minutes, turning apples, onion and garlic once. Remove from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing roast. Serve with apple mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 210 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 6, 2018
Roast aroma was wonderful but my family said it lacked flavor.
Jan 12, 2016
So easy! Very tasty and moist. The only change I made was I did not brown it before hand. I place pork in baking pan with the apples & onions and coated it with the 1 TBSP olive oil and seasonings. Smelled excellent and a perfect meal on a cold winters night! Thank you!
Mar 7, 2015
I thought this was very good! My apples and onions were not mushy at all. I did be sure to turn them half way through the cook time. Used kosher salt on the pork. Bake time was only about 45 minutes and my pork was medium and perfect!
Nov 22, 2014
Delicious! A bit too many apples so I'll cut back on those next time. Otherwise, really really good :-)
Mar 2, 2014
My Family loved the Pork, but weren't all crazy about eating the apples and onions, although that's what gave the awesome flavor! Served with a side of cilantro rice and some green beans, great meal will definitely make again!
Feb 9, 2014
This was fabulous. Pork was tender and juicy, apples and onions just right. Will make this again. And again.
Jan 12, 2014
Excellent! The roast was nice and moist. I think the apples and onions helped it stay that way. I will definitely make this again.
Oct 20, 2013
Excellent. I would make this again.
Feb 20, 2013
I agree with some of the other reviews that it was just kind of plain. Nothing really special as far as taste goes to make me want to make this again.
Mar 8, 2012
The cook time was adjusted to keep consistent with the new recommendations for cooking pork to 145 degrees.