Pork Medallions with Sauteed Apples
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch slices
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, broth and apple juice. In a nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add apples, green onions and garlic; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Keep warm.
- Mix thyme, paprika, salt and pepper. Pound pork slices with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle both sides with seasonings.
- Place pork on a broiler pan. Broil 3 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with apples.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked pork with 1/2 cup apples: 251 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 20, 2015
Very Good, I added a Tablespoon of brown sugar to the pork seasonings to give it a kick for the carmalization of the pork medallions, great recipe
May 2, 2012
This is so delicious and it's healthy too. I make it for my family all the time, my kids love the apple slices!