Apple Pork Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1/3 cup sliced onion
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, cider and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add the celery, carrot, onion, red pepper, water chestnuts and ginger; stir-fry until vegetables are tender. Add pie filling.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 370 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Nov 18, 2012
Very good. Need to double sauce. Left out pie filling. Didn't see the need. Sweet enough without it. It was the best stir-fry I have fixed. I used Chinese noodles and husband used rice!!
Feb 7, 2012
Excellent. Simple & fast. We loved it!
Apr 3, 2010
This was very tasty and extremely easy. I will definately make it again.
Mar 14, 2010
I was so happy when this recipe turned out, esspecially since my in-laws suprised me & came over for dinner.
Oct 22, 2009
I tried this recipe and my family loved it. I would definitely make it again.