Pork with Apples and Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 4 large tart apples, peeled
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, cinnamon, cardamom and pepper. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon spice mixture and 3 teaspoons oil; toss to coat.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10 minutes.
- Rub the remaining oil over pork; rub with remaining spice mixture. Place over the sweet potatoes. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cut each apple into eight wedges. turn pork; arrange apples around meat. Bake 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 321 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit.
Oct 20, 2014
Next time I will try just making the sweet potatoes! Even those that don't like sweet potatoes in my house (kids), love them in this recipe. This is a keeper!! So simple and quick - keeping the flavors still natural. YUMMY!
Feb 14, 2014
What a wonderful winter dinner!! Next time (and that may be very soon) I will use more sweet potatoes.
May 24, 2012
I have made this often. Once the guests said that I had out done myself. Of course, now it is one of my best. Today I am going to try it with a loin roast.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.