Skillet Pork Chops with Apples & Onion
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3 medium apples, cut into wedges
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; brown pork chops on both sides, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, combine apples, onion and water. Place pork chops over apple mixture; drizzle chops with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until a thermometer inserted in chops reads 145°, 3-5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 3/4 cup apple mixture: 360 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 545mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 15, 2019
This was an easy recipe. I cooked the onions and apples for 10 minutes before I put the pork back into the pan. I did not have balsamic vinegar, so I added 1/2 cup apple cider instead of the water and vinegar. My husband and I really liked it.
May 30, 2018
I really liked this, but my 9 year old did not care for it. Next time I would cook the onions and apples a little by themselves before adding the pork. I think it became overcooked and a bit tough. And I just realized I used balsamic vinegar instead of vinaigrette!
Apr 13, 2018
Yummy. I made this recipe quite a long time ago. Will make it again for this weekend. YUMMY.
Oct 20, 2017
i liked the apples and onions combination. Balsamic vinaigrette was a little over-powering, will try less of it next time or substitute something else.
Oct 15, 2017
The pork was perfect in this, tender and flavorful. The apples took on too much of the vinegar flavor though. I loved that this was a one pot dish too - less dishes rocks!!
Mar 3, 2016
Really liked these pork chops! Nice flavor. I made my own balsamic vinaigrette. Chops were tender and the balsamic glazed apples and onions were perfect.
Nov 1, 2015
Not a favorite - the balsamic vinaigrette is overpowering in this dish.
Aug 24, 2015
very tasty! ...I like softer apples, so added more water at the end of cooking to steam them and make them softer. I also added a little bit (about 1 teaspoon) of sugar sprinkled over the apples while cooking.