Skillet Pork Chops with Apples
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 small apples, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup sliced sweet onion (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon oregano, salt and pepper. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Brown pork chops, about 3 minutes per side; remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add apples, onion and remaining oregano; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in applesauce and vinegar. Return chops to pan; cook, covered, 4-6 minutes or until pork is tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/2 cup apple mixture: 215 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 12, 2015
They did turn out very moist, but will not make again. Didn't think that they were very tasty.
Sep 27, 2015
I was not impressed. It maybe that I am not a fan of boneless pork chops, but it is difficult to find bone-in. I liked the apple/onion mix but it won't go into the recipe box.
Mar 8, 2015
Blah! I don't know what i did wrong, but the apples tasted just like vinegar. It took way longer to cook the chops, and I had to move them to the oven. The pork had good flavor, but we dumped the rest.
Dec 4, 2014
I loved how quick and easy these were to put together. I am not a big pork chop fan so I'm always trying to find new ways to cooke them. This one is definitely a keeper!
Nov 13, 2014
A perfect recipe for fall. I used bone-in pork chops, and they came out nice and juicy. The vinegar and apple sauce combination was perfectly balanced with the apples and onions.
Oct 24, 2014
The flavor of the apples and onions was good. Every time I make boneless pork loin chops they turn out dry. I was very careful not to overcook this time around but they were still on the dry and tough side. I think if you made this same recipe with a turkey tenderloin or turkey cutlets it might be better.
Oct 22, 2014
This might not be a fair review because I could not use the onions since my husband is allergic to them but this was way too vinegary. The kids did not like the "sour" apples at all. My husband said it was not bad but not fantastic. I won't make it again but I would suggest using less vinegar.
Oct 19, 2014
This was a really good fall dish, comforting, easy and different. I think the only thing I will change next time is to substitute apple juice for the apple cider vinegar because I think that was too strong of flavor.