Spiced Apple Pork Roast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds), trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, cut into lengthwise strips
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cut slits in top of roast; insert garlic strips. Combine the flour, mustard, salt, sugar and pepper; rub over roast. Place fat side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Combine the applesauce, brown sugar, vinegar and cloves; generously brush over roast during the last 30 minutes of baking. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 180 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 17, 2015
My husband loves this recipe. It is a go to recipe when I am having friends over and want something different. Love the combination of flavors. Always moist and tender.
Jan 5, 2015
I love this dish. So easy, And so tasty. I dont often care for roasts of any sort, but this is good. ive made it 2 times now since I found the recipe, and have made no changes. will do again in future.
Jan 18, 2013
This is one of my go to recipes..requested often and loved by all who try it!! Its easy and yields GREAT results!!
Nov 20, 2011
This is my go-to recipe when it comes to roasting pork. All the different steps make for a very juicy, tasty pork roast.
Oct 20, 2011
delicious, juicy and moist. The mustard and the vinegar paired with the apple sauce, brown sugar, and cloves made a very delicious dish with contrasting flavors of sweet and sour. I served this dish with country potato pancakes. I think this is a dish that I shall make again and again. Just make sure to let your pork roast rest for several minutes so it retains its juiciness. This would be a great dish to impress your guests at a holiday dinner.