Apple Pork Roast
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- Cut eight to ten 1-in. slits in top of roast; insert garlic slices. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown roast on all sides. Transfer to a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, vinegar, thyme and sage; brush over roast. In a small saucepan, combine the broth, apple juice and jam. Cook and stir over medium heat until jam is melted; pour over roast. Arrange apples around roast.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally. Remove roast to a warm serving platter; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, skim fat from pan juices. Set aside 1/2 cup juices; pour remaining juices and apples into a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and sour cream until smooth; stir into reserved pan juices. Stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with roast.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 278 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 17, 2012
The gravy made this, oh, so good!
Mar 25, 2011
This is an amazing recipe. Simple & DELICIOUS!! Made it for dinner w/ my in-laws and everyone loved it. Definitely one to make again and share with all.
Feb 8, 2010
This is amazing! I changed it a little - the only pork roast I could find was garlic/onion flavored, so I skipped the garlic slices. I also put this all in a slow cooker for 8 hours, and added a few potatoes. I haven't even made the gravy - don't need it!