Apple-Cherry Pork Medallions
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large apple, sliced
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons dried tart cherries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- Cut tenderloin crosswise into 12 slices; sprinkle with rosemary, thyme and celery salt. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork on both sides; remove from pan.
- In same skillet, combine apple, apple juice, cherries, honey and vinegar. Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or just until apple is tender.
- Return pork to pan, turning to coat with sauce; cook, covered, 3-4 minutes or until pork is tender. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions; serve with pork mixture.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 26, 2016
I also used craisins with excellent results. Served mine with long grain and wild rice.
Jan 18, 2016
very good! used cherry infused craisins instead of cherries (leftover from Christmas baking) and it was excellent.
Dec 9, 2015
This was a good meal. Because I had apple juice left over from a juice box, I added the extra to the jasmine rice we prefer. The next time I prepare it I will try to end up with more sauce without sacrificing flavor.