Asian Pork Medallions
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/2-in. slices
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- Sliced green onions, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. In batches, cook pork 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender; remove from pan.
- In same skillet, bring sauce mixture to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return pork to pan; heat through, turning to coat. If desired, serve with rice and top with green onions.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup (calculated without rice): 202 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 566mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Dec 31, 2019
Made this tonight for supper and it was amazing! I had never made a pork tenderloin so i was a little worried. However it was super easy and the directions were spot on. For sure an easy weeknight supper. The sauce was delicious i would make double next time. I served with rice and cheesy cauliflower.
Jan 31, 2019
My husband and I loved this! I added some veggies and we like it spicy so I kicked up the cayenne a notch. Delicious! It is going on our do-over list.
Jul 12, 2017
Great flavor! Even using low sodium soy, this was still too salty...will likely dilute next time to try and cut back on salt taste.
Nov 21, 2016
This got rave reviews at my table as well. Super fast, easy, and economical. This would be great alongside some stir-fried vegetables as well!
Jun 6, 2016
I love trying new recipes. My finicky husband usually gives them mediocre ratings. But this one got two thumbs up and is a keeper. We loved it served over rice. Will make extra sauce next time, for drizzling, as recommended by a previous poster.
May 31, 2016
Delicious. Doubled the sauce so we could have extra to drizzle on rice.
Dec 27, 2011
Love love love this recipe!! I tweaked a few things -- like using cornstarch to thicken instead of simmering (it only made the sauce saltier and I use low-sodium soy sauce!) and using more red pepper (I like the spicy!). Making it for extended family tonight and I really think it will go over well! :)
Nov 12, 2010
I have very few recipes that ever get rated as excellent in my home, but this one got rave reviews.
Nov 29, 2009
So easy and very yummy, this one is a keeper! My husband and kids loved it too! Thanks for sharing.
Nov 18, 2009
Really easy to make and very tasty.