Apricot Pork Medallions
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into eight slices
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Pound pork slices with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Brown pork on each side. Remove pork from pan, reserving drippings.
- Add preserves, green onions, vinegar, mustard and remaining butter to pan; bring just to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 3-4 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Return pork to pan; cook until pork is tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked pork with 1 tablespoon sauce: 266 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Jan 12, 2017
Outstanding recipe. Pork was very tender and the sauce was great. I did change it slightly ( what cook doesn't?). I added 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger in addition to the ground mustard.
Apr 6, 2015
Made it to recipe, but did season with a touch of kosher salt and black pepper. The wife said "This is so freaking good!" What more needs to be said.
Mar 21, 2015
This is so good!! I will make it again!
Mar 20, 2015
This is delicious! My kids and I gobbled this up. I didn't have any ground mustard, but it didn't seem to impact the flavor at all. Make this, you will not be disappointed!
Mar 14, 2015
This sounded so good that I wanted to make it right away. But only I had turkey cutlets. It turned out great. I will make again!
Mar 8, 2015
Made this with chicken tenders and it was great! Just another option.
Nov 30, 2014
It was great. I could not tell it was low sodium. Although I like to make new recipes as written the first time , I did made changes because of what I already had in my cupboard. I used orange marmalade instead of apricot preserves. I added a few onion after I took the pork out and cooked them for a couple minutes and then proceeded with the recipe as written. It was very good.
Nov 11, 2013
This recipe tastes great and looks beautiful. Good enough for company. It was easy to prepare and the meat was tender and juicy. I doubled the sauce. I served it with smashed parsley potatoes and peas. Beautiful on the plate.
Aug 29, 2013
Very tasty! The pork was very tender.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.