Pork Tenderloin Medallions
“As a busy mom, I’m always on the look out for elegant dishes that are quick to make for a special occasion,” relates Diane Peterson of Hudsonville, Michigan. “This delicious breaded pork can be made in minutes.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons additional chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Cut pork into 12 pieces; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. In another bowl, beat egg and water. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl. Coat pork with flour mixture, dip in egg and then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook pork in butter and oil for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms, wine or broth and additional broth to skillet; stir to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon juice and parsley; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Pour over pork. Serve with pasta if desired.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 377 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 648mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Medallions of Pork Tenderloins in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006