- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Slice tenderloin into 1/2-in.-thick medallions. In a skillet, brown pork in oil for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet melt butter. Add the onion, mushrooms and garlic; saute for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, rosemary, savory, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Lay pork medallions over mixture. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Garnish with parsley if desired.
1/4 pound: 206 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 631mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.