Pork Medallions in Mustard Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- 4-1/2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, mix broth, apple juice concentrate and mustard. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork on both sides; remove from pan.
- Add garlic to same pan; cook and stir 1 minute. Add broth mixture, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup.
- Return pork to pan; cook, covered, over low heat 3-4 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked pork with about 2 tablespoons sauce: 193 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 356mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 2, 2019
Fast, easy and delicious! I didn't actually cut medallions from pork tenderloin like the recipe says. Instead I used some pretty much wafer thin pieces of loin "chops" that I found at the store. The result was still excellent. A surprising flavor combination and very tender pork, something I have trouble achieving
Jan 27, 2019
These turned out very moist. Although next time, I will try the cold pan method.
Dec 5, 2018
Would not change a thing. I did the water and cornstarch step when the pork reach 142 internal. When it come to a boil and I removed, it moved to 145 internal. Perfect.
Mar 13, 2018
My DH made this recipe substituting dry vermouth for the apple juice. Excellent!
Feb 19, 2018
I love apple and mustard flavors with pork so this was awesome. I typically serve with egg noodles on the side.
Jan 10, 2016
This was a very flavorful dish and simple as well. Will definitely be making again. My husband and both felt we would pay for this in a restaurant.
Jan 21, 2014
This was really good ..followed MicheleG's advice. about cooking on a cold pan..I added a little white wine to the sauce
Jun 4, 2012
Absolutely delicious!! I even used Motts 40% Less sugar apple juice & it was still flavorful. I always add a bit more garlic & pepper to my liking. I really enjoyed this recipe.
Jul 20, 2011
So flavorful and tender...tried the tip from previous post and put the pork in a cold skillet--AMAZING; I have never had it more tender!
Jul 28, 2010
This was so easy and very tasty too. The pork was so tender you could cut it with a fork. I will definately make this again.