Spiced Pork Medallions with Bourbon Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup bourbon or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 12 slices
- In a small saucepan, combine the bourbon, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine the chili powder, cinnamon, salt and allspice; rub over pork slices.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 221 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 581mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 18, 2019
Very tasty. I made it tonight exactly like the instructions. Good with sweet potatoes and broccolli. Just be careful not to overlook the pork tenderloin medallions.
Jun 13, 2017
Used on three separate occasions - rave reviews from all ages each time
Mar 23, 2017
This is delicious! I used broth instead of bourbon, and it was still great! Definitely a keeper! I will make this for company soon.
Nov 6, 2016
This was well received when I served it for Sunday dinner. Very tender pork and good flavor. I used whiskey because that's what I had, and I don't think that would make much difference. Also it made the house smell nice from both the sauce and the spice rub. I would make this again.
Dec 28, 2015
My husband and I both liked these a lot
Sep 6, 2015
This is awesome and great to make for company! My husband says it's one of the best things I make.
Mar 11, 2015
Oh, so good! I used thin cut pork chops and did not add salt as pork is salty enough. Really good flavors in this. Will definitely make again!
Feb 14, 2015
The reviews are right! This is a fabulous recipe! Will try this using chicken thighs, too!
Apr 24, 2014
Delicious and simple. Used whiskey instead of bourbon and it turned out great.
Apr 28, 2012
My husband said this was one of the best things I have ever made! We both loved it!