Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Strawberry Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, 1 cup strawberries, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Strain mixture and set aside liquid, discarding solids.
- Sprinkle pork with garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork in batches on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth mixture to the pan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth and gradually stir into skillet.
- Return pork to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and pork is tender. Top each serving with cheese, onions and remaining strawberries.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 244 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 649mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Apr 3, 2018
This dish was absolutely delicious. It's also pleasing to the eye and can be served for special ocassions. I used white balsamic vinegar instead of white wine vinegar and it worked great.
May 7, 2017
Very good and the toppings made for a very pretty presentation. Pork turned out very tenders. I only used about 1.5 lbs of tenderloin but made a full recipe of the sauce. Ratio was good.
Jun 28, 2016
What an outstanding recipe! We made this with pork chops on the grill, so I did change the method a bit. I cooked and strained the sauce, reserving 3/4 cup to reheat and thicken at serving time. I used the remaining sauce as a marinade for the chops (along with the cooked strawberries and garlic) and refrigerated them for 8 hours, turning occasionally. The pork chops flavored through nicely and the fresh strawberry, green onion and feta mixture really put this recipe "over the top"! My husband and I can't wait to make it again!
Jun 8, 2016
Sep 26, 2015
I made the sauce as a marinade instead and it turned out great. I was just being lazy but I would recommend that technique if you feel like going about it that way. And I didn't brown the meat.
Jul 10, 2015
Loved this! Made the broth mixture about a week in advance and left it in a jar in the refridge (change of plans). It was fine when I got to it and went on with the recipe as written. Very nice combination of flavors, will make again and not change a thing.
Apr 20, 2015
I am always on the lookout for new "pork tenderloin recipes", since my family likes this cut of meat. This Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Strawberry Sauce is a keeper. It is a very refined recipe. The pork melts in your mouth and the sauce is smooth and has an incredible, yet indescribable taste. I have made this meal as a Sunday dinner and I would not hesitate to serve it to a few guests...
Apr 5, 2015
This is Gourmet Good! Unique flavor combinations - the colors of the ingredients together made a wonderful presentation. Can be done ahead - I reheated sauce with medallions when ready. Simple preparation.
Aug 8, 2014
This was so tasty.
May 3, 2014
Very good dish! Had an intersting flavor combination with the strawberries and feta cheese. Family liked. Would make both a unique and beautiful presentation for guests!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.