Pork Tenderloin with Pear Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 cup pear brandy or pear nectar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup pear nectar
- Preheat oven to 425°. Sprinkle pork with the herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown pork in 1 tablespoon butter on all sides. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove pork from skillet and keep warm. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute pears and sugar in 2 tablespoons butter until golden brown. Remove from pan and keep warm. In the same pan, melt remaining butter. Add shallots; saute until tender. Stir in thyme.
- Remove from heat. Add brandy; cook over medium heat until liquid is almost evaporated, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add cream and nectar; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Slice pork; serve with pears and cream sauce.
Editor's NoteLook for herbes de Provence in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 605 calories, 38g fat (22g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein.
Feb 28, 2016
Oh, boy! This recipe is delicious. The caramelized pears really made the dish even though they took a while to "turn golden"; it was worth the wait! I wanted a bit more sauce and doubled it using the heavy cream and a small container of plain Greek yogurt...just being "good"!!! Loved the herbs de Provence on the meat! Instead of using overly sweetened commercial pear nectar, I made my own without any additional sweetener. (Easy) Thank you for a great recipe.
May 17, 2014
Dec 26, 2013
Delicious! I was looking for something different to make for Christmas dinner and I found this recipe. I liked it because it was fairly easy and was the last thing on the menu I had to make. I followed the directions exactly and it turned out perfect. The meat was so tender it almost melted in your mouth. And the pears and the sauce made a beautiful presentation.
Sep 28, 2011
Apr 24, 2011