Lemon-Caper Pork Medallions
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 12 slices
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Flatten pork slices to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large shallow dish, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and turn to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook pork in butter and oil in batches until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the broth, wine and garlic to the pan, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the capers, lemon juice and rosemary; heat through. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts3 medallions: 232 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 589mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Dec 19, 2015
This was excellent! I made it with the Garlic roasted potatoes by Ina Garten at Foodnetwork.com and a fancy little salad and it was a meal fit to starve at any fancy restaurant. My husband always says food I cook is ok. I cook all the time. Twice only has he ever said something is REALLY good, and this is one of them.
Jan 16, 2015
Yum !!! This is a great way to use a lean pork loin. And using white wine instead of broth is a huge difference in flavor.
Dec 6, 2014
This was relatively easy and super delish
Dec 5, 2014
Wow...I totally dropped the ball on this one but it still came out wonderful! My store only had huge pork loins and we were pretty much porked out so I bought some thin cut chops and used them instead. Just didn't buy enough of them. Also bought a lemon, getting ready to juice it and the phone rang. I looked for an hour and couldn't find it again so I resorted to some OJ I had in the fridge. It was still very good but I am definitely going to follow the recipe to the tee next time. I think I missed out on the lemon flavoring...soon to be a family favorite!
Apr 2, 2013
Very good! And the leftovers tasted even better. A lean and healthy dish that satisfies my meat and potatoes husband.
Aug 10, 2012
This was so quick and easy, but looked very gourmet!
Aug 10, 2011
This was great, though I made a few changes. I used pork chops & didn't flatten them, and left out the rosemary. Still, will do these again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.