Tuscan Pork Medallions
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork in butter until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute prosciutto in the drippings until browned. Add garlic and sage; cook 1 minute longer. Add vinegar, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Stir in cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add tomatoes and pork; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with basil and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 514 calories, 36g fat (20g saturated fat), 205mg cholesterol, 718mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.
Oct 27, 2017
Nice recipe and very easy to prepare! The only change I made was to slice the pork a little thicker. I served rice pilaf with this dish, and a spinach salad with strawberries, blueberries and blue cheese - a perfect meal! This recipe will definitely become a standard dish for my family.
Oct 27, 2017
Nice recipe and very easy to prepare! The only change I made was to slice the pork a little thicker. I served a rice pilaf with this dish, and a spinach salad with strawberries, blueberries and blue cheese - a perfect meal! This recipe will definitely become a standard dish for my family.
Oct 20, 2016
I used prosciutto rather than the ham. It was a very nice Sunday dinner that was easy to prepare.
Mar 19, 2016
This recipe was elegant and easy to prepare. The flavor combinations in this dish were delectable. I served this dish with rice. My Husband stated that it was "worthy of a restaurant". This will be one of our go-to pork recipes.
Sep 30, 2015
We loved this dish and wish there was more of it. It didn't make a lot. I would serve it over rice. The seasonings in this were amazing.
Dec 31, 2014
This was a class act. My husband licked the plate, no joke.
Mar 27, 2014
So glad I tried this! I was looking for a new pork dish and this fit the bill! This was amazing and surprisingly easy to make. Also delicious with peas added. This meal will be a regular in our dinner rotation!
Mar 25, 2014
Wow! Loved it and will make again.
Aug 4, 2013
This dish is even better than excellent. I'll be preparing these tasty and tender chops often.
Jun 10, 2013
Delicious just as is. Served with whole wheat noodles