Pork Medallions with Garlic-Strawberry Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups whole fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- Place whole strawberries, water and bouillon in a food processor; process until blended. Place flour, eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls.
- Cut pork into 1/2-in. slices; pound each with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip pork in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in eggs, then in crumbs, patting to adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook until tender, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, saute garlic in remaining butter 1 minute. Stir in strawberry mixture; heat through. Serve pork with sauce; if desired, top with sliced strawberries.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 422 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 203mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 1, 2013
My husband and I just finished eating this and we were speechless! We never would have thought that these flavors would taste so good together.
Jun 28, 2013
This are moist and juicy inside and crispy, crunch on the outside. I didn't have enough strawberries so I made up the shortage with peaches. Wow!
May 25, 2013
May 25, 2013
May 21, 2013
Great combination of flavors.
May 21, 2013
Family loved it
Jun 14, 2012
I really enjoyed the flavor on this with the strawberry. I cut back on the garlic so more of the pork/fruit flavor would come through.
Apr 19, 2012
So good! I made this for a dinner with friends and we couldn't get enough. The sweet strawberries in the sauce is the perfect complement to the savory-ness of the pork. I would definitely make this again and I will prepare my pork like this in the future trying other sauces too!
May 7, 2011
The whole family loved this.
Sep 9, 2008
I thought I would love this recipe as I am the ultimate sweet sauce with salty meat fan but I gotta say I wasn't a fan. Not sure if there was something wrong with my strawberries but the sauce was awful. The breaded pork tasted like chicken fried rice because of the egg. Too bad - I thought this would be a winner.