Pork Medallions with Brandy Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, flatten pork slices to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork in oil and 2 tablespoons butter in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in remaining butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the cream, brandy, thyme, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 8 minutes.
- Drain linguine. Stir tomatoes into sauce mixture; add pork and heat through. Serve with linguine and sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 937 calories, 55g fat (29g saturated fat), 210mg cholesterol, 577mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 39g protein.
Jul 7, 2013
I wish I could say I screwed something up with this recipe that caused it to not turn out as everyone says, but that just wasn't the case. Was not impressed :(
Apr 2, 2012
Mar 5, 2012
My husband deemed this recipe "company worthy". I agree.
Jan 18, 2012
I have made this twice now and my family loves this (in my house, when all of us like something, it's cause for celebration!) I used 1/8 t of cayenne and substituted sherry cooking wine for brandy, with terrific results. Next time I may not reduce the sauce by 1/2 as directed - I felt like there needed to be more sauce.
Jan 5, 2012
I made this Awesome recipe and my husband and our friends think I'm the best cook ever! Thanks to you, Tof H. You certainly do it for me, You make me lcook like a pro with all the tried and proven recipes that you publish.
Dec 29, 2011
The level of heat was pretty significant. Dijon gave this sauce a very good flavor which fit well with the mushrooms. A favorite in my book!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.