Broccoli-Pork Stir-Fry with Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli florets (about 10 cups)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain and keep warm. Whisk cornstarch into soy sauce and broth until smooth; stir in green onions.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry pork 3 minutes. Add ginger and garlic; cook and stir until pork is browned, 2 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add broth mixture to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Add broccoli; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, until broccoli is crisp-tender, 5-8 minutes. Stir in pork; heat through, 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over linguine; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 376 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 9g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Mar 7, 2018
This was an easy-to-make dish that was very popular with my family. I used garlic and ginger from a tube for a quick and easy addition, plus I added a little red-pepper flakes to spice it up. The sesame seeds make a nice finishing touch!
Feb 10, 2018
This is one of my family's favorite meals as we have it at least once a month. I do use chicken, though, instead of pork. I alternate serving over noodles or rice. Husband prefers brown rice. Because I love vegetables, I also add mushrooms , celery and snow peas which helps to feed more. I love the brown sauce which this makes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.