Noodles with Broccoli
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups uncooked spiral pasta or egg noodles
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add pasta and broccoli. Cook, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute the pasta, broccoli, 1/4 cup cheese, salt and garlic powder in butter and oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 663 calories, 35g fat (18g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 1599mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 16, 2014
May 28, 2014
This was a good simple recipe. I used parm reggiano as well.
May 12, 2014
This was delicious and easy. It's my husband's new favorite side!
Feb 10, 2013
Delicious Everbody liked it.It is on our regular menu now.Added can chicken &sliced carrots. WOW.
Feb 2, 2013
Thank you so much! Great recipe. I didn't have asiago so used parm reggiano. I think cooking the broccoli and noodles in chicken broth makes the difference! I used a tiny bit of whipping cream at the end too.
Jan 28, 2013
Delicious! I made this with the Pork Chops Italiano from the same issue.
Nov 24, 2012
I made this as a side for a party I attended and it was a HUGE hit. I was asked multiple times for the recipe and it was gone before I knew it. Also, I added sliced carrots to add a bit more color and flavor. I'm sure you could add any veggies when you add the broccoli.
Nov 29, 2010
I didn't have asiago cheese, so I used shredded mozzarella. Fabulous!
Jan 17, 2010
Delicious! Although, I think you could omit the extra salt.