Gnocchi with Mushrooms and Onion
Tender potato gnocchi is so delicious with sauteed mushrooms and onions. It's one of my family's go-to side dishes. —Kris Berezansky, Clymer, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.
- Drain gnocchi. Add the gnocchi, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes to the skillet; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Test Kitchen tip
Editor's NoteLook for potato gnocchi in the pasta or frozen foods section.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 287 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 583mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Easy Gnocchi with Mushrooms and Onions in Simple & Delicious February/March 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.