Ramen Broccoli Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) chicken ramen noodles
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 slices process American cheese, cut into strips
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Return to a boil. Break noodles into small pieces; add to water. Cook 3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Add the garlic powder, cheese and contents of seasoning packets from the noodles; stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 150 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 573mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Apr 24, 2014
Not great, but if you are in a financial pinch it will do.
Mar 25, 2013
Made this recipe many times. Adjusted it for additional servings and added extra noodles and cheese. Sometimes add cubed ham. Kids love it.
Sep 24, 2012
Oh my, not often do I throw something out, but I had to with this. I even added more liquid, but by the time it sat for a few min. all the liquid was gone and it was mush with NO flavor.
Feb 11, 2010
A little runny for my tastes, but it is really easy to make.
Nov 30, 2009
I've made this a number of times and used different vegetables each time. It's always delicious and my family loves it. I triple the recipe to feed my large family and it's still very inexpensive!
Oct 25, 2009
Easy and tasty. When I made it the color of the broccoli bled into the soup and made it look less appetizing. My daughter who doesn't cook much wanted me to find the recipe so she can make it.
Mar 7, 2009
Liked. Easy and good. I used cream of chicken ramen noodle soup and added grilled unseasoned chicken cut up and the broccoli cuts.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.